Thursday, April 2, 2009

Sugar and Spice

This is our little Kaya, isn't she beautiful? I think I have the cutest babies ever! Kaya is doing very well and will hopefully be off her IV within the next day or so. They are so sweet and I live for the few hours I get to hold them. Kaya is kinda spunky and loves to pull on all the tubes even if they are her sisters; McKenna is alittle bit more eventempered (like her dad). She also loves to grab tubes but usually just holds on to them.

This is our little McKenna, she is such a sweetheart. Both the girls are doing really well, McKenna scared us but it turned out that all she has is an anal fissure. It doesn't seem to bother her and so now we are just working on getting her feeds up so she can go off her IV. We have learned that little McKenna the hardest stick in all of the NICU and her veins tend to blow or infultrate after only a day or so. Poor thing she usually needs a new IV everyother day and I have stood next to her for 2 hours while the try poke needles EVERYWHERE. She is very good and only fusses alittle bit. We are honestly so grateful that these are our only problems, they seem to be doing very good. P.S. they are identical! I am so excited

1 comment:

Alesha said...

I'm glad they are doing so well, and I can't wait to meet your beautiful daughters. I love that they're identical--that will be so fun for them! Our prayers are with you!