Thursday, September 11, 2008

Big News

We are so excited to annouce that we are pregnant!
We were thinking about starting to try and suddenly we didn't have to. On August 28 I took a pregnancy test because I was on antibiotics that are not ok in pregnancy, at 5 minutes (the official reading time) it was negative. I kept the test to show Gus that it was negative, but when I glanced at it a few minutes later it showed positive. We got alittle freaked and then tried to come into my office and draw my blood to get a serum test-we couldn't wait to know. But since Gus has never drawn blood before and I couldn't hit my own vein we were forced to wait until morning. I took a test very early the next morning and it showed positive at 4 minutes. I can't explain that feeling but if I had to I would say dreamlike. Gus had to leave me for a couple of hours and I thought I would go crazy with no one to talk to but I made it. We have told some people; I am still nervous I will loose the baby. Katie is doing a very good job of informing the world for me, and I am grateful. It's not that I am not excited because I am estatic but I just can't seem to find a graceful way to put it in a regular conversation.

No comments: